ZFS – the last word in filesystems ZFS is a new kind of filesystem that provides simple administration, transactional semantics, end-to-end data integrity, and immense scalability.
Crossmeta is proud of providing own port of OpenZFS project well optimized for prominent Enterprise Linux 7 with:
- Advanced memory optimization by sharing of ARC memory with Linux native page cache, thereby mmap applications will not double-commit memory. This unique feature is available only on our Crossmeta ZFS for Linux.
- Well integrated snapshot access in kernel from hidden .snap control directory, even over NFS, without any helper programs to automount.
- Simple package distribution with one kernel module zfs.ko and static CLI tools just the way it was in OpenSolaris.
- High performance ZVOL block layer.
- Well integrated iSCSI option with our software virtualization engine, so that ZVOL API can be invoked directly from kernel with zero-copy provided by ZFS